Sunday, October 29, 2017

Danger
My eyes dart from one corner to another. Everything sits. I see the small cameras hidden in the leaves. All of them turned to me.
I always saw them.
They don’t know that.
I always saw the way my parents were almost custom fit for me.
Fake.
They don’t know what I know either.
The cameras watch me waiting for something.
I get up knowing if I bore them they will spice things up.
Starting to make a shelter I grab twigs and drag logs.
I don’t stop working even when my hands bleed and blister.
I was born just for this.
I was born to be an experiment.
My hands hurt and my body aches until I give in and lay on the forest floor.
I pretend to sleep.
They know it.
They don’t like it.
My muscles tense.
I know that feeling.
I get it everyday. That feeling of being watched by something.
I turn around trying to look as if I am truly asleep.
I see it.
I bored them out.
They had already decided they didn't want me.
I stumble up slowly tired of being pushed around.
A head pops up.

A baby leopard head. Then 3 more.
I know who is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment